- A virtual challenge requiring you to run, walk, bike, swim, hike, elliptical, snow shoe, ski or crawl across America. 3,521 miles in total. Start at the Golden Gate Bridge and end at the Washington Monument. Travel across America without leaving your neighborhood. Complete your miles anywhere, at anytime, and with anyone.
- The world’s biggest virtual challenge and the best way to experience fitness in the digital age.
- Join anytime and anywhere – registration is still open!
Amerithon Challenge Swag
The Amerithon Challenge medal is a 6 Piece Finisher Medal to commemorate your journey across the United States.
As you complete the Amerithon Challenge and enter your miles into the Mileage Tracker, you will earn Milestone Badges and Flyover Videos. These are placed throughout your journey to help encourage you and help you visualize how many miles you really are completing!
Each milestone is a goal – the tracker will count down your totals until your next milestone. Print out your milestone badges and share on social media to let the world know how far you’ve come!
How to Join the Amerithon Challenge
- Contact friends, family, coworkers, and neighbors and ask them to join your Amerithon Challenge team
- Send them anything and everything they need
- Remind everyone that runners, walkers, bikers, swimmers, hikers, ANYBODY is welcome!
- Account credentials will be emailed to you in your registration confirmation page immediately after you complete registration
- Team captains are in charge of creating their teams in the mileage tracker
- Send invitations to registered teammates to join created teams
- Search for teams and request to join teams
- Log miles, reach milestones, travel across America with us
How to Complete the Amerithon Challenge
Fly solo and complete the miles alone. Join a team and divide the 3,521 miles any way you like. Team members do not have to do the same number of miles but the illustration below shows the average miles each team member would need to do to complete the challenge.
I am a…dad, teacher, runner, wannabe writer, good man with a good heart, who is simply hoping to change his little corner of the world.
“I have participated in the past 2 Run The Year challenges and they are easily the best!! Everything from the organization, support, giveaways, and amazing community are top notch! Looking forward to the next incredible challenge! ” – Tony
Mary founded Running On Air to advocate and raise awareness of those with lung and rare diseases and to challenge others to see beyond their limitations. Despite having Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia and 40% lung capacity, she participates in races across the US wearing supplemental oxygen.
“Not only is the Run The Year community supportive and encouraging, the organizers go that extra mile to keep it fun and engaging.” – Mary
Run The Edge is excited to announce that we have partnered with Team Red, White & Blue for the Amerithon Challenge. Through the end of July 10% of registration proceeds will be donated to Team Red, White & Blue. To learn more about Team Red, White & Blue, check out their website: https://www.teamrwb.org/
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the Amerithon Challenge begin?
Amerithon begins whenever you decide to take on the challenge! Registration is open now here. Start today and become an Amerithoner!
Is there a time frame for this challenge?
Run The Edge encourages Amerithoners to finish the challenge in a year but there is no set deadline.
Is there a limit to the number of team members allowed on one team?
Yes, the tracker limits teams to 8 members.
What am I allowed to count toward my mileage?
Miles tracked by fitness trackers (sync your FitBit or Garmin), miles tracked running, walking, biking, swimming, etc. Track whatever miles you feel comfortable tracking
How does this challenge effect Run The Year 2016?
Miles tracked can be used for both challenges.
Can I participate internationally?
Of course. Simply choose to participate internationally at registration to ensure your swag ships to the correct location. Geographic location does not influence your ability to participate in the virtual challenge.
How do I get $5 back?
Use our friend-get-friend system to get $5 back for every participant you refer.
When do I get access to my tracker account?
You get access to the mileage tracker as soon as you register!
Why didn't I receive my confirmation email?
There’s a few reasons this could have happened. Email email@example.com with your email address, first name and last name.
Sends Us a Message
If you have questions, comments, or concerns please contact us using the form below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org